Research shows that customer acquisition costs 5 to 25 times more than retention does*. As a result, you want to hold onto every new customer. That’s where delivering exceptional customer experiences that create customer loyalty come into play.
In a December 11, 2017, article published in Inc. Magazine, author Larry Alton writes, “To create loyalty, you need to provide an exceptional experience. Studies have found that 89% of customers switch brands due to a bad customer experience. Service-related problems are behind the majority of customer losses, not the price of a product or service. In fact, customer experience as a loyalty factor is pegged to be the key brand differentiator by 2020.”
Here are 5 ways your small business can improve every customer’s experience.
- Offer a 24-hour cost-effective inbound telephone answering service.
- Offer the phone answering service in the language of your customer’s choice; for example, in Canada, that means English and French.
- Employ customer service representatives who are fluently English/French bilingual. This means the customer service representative intuitively understands nuances in both languages, which is essential to truly understanding and then conveying the customer’s request or problem.
- Answer the phones calls; don’t rely on voicemail. There is nothing more frustrating to a customer than voice mail jail.
- Employ customer service representatives who are career-customer service representatives. In other words, hire people who truly enjoy talking with people and helping people. This will come through loud and clear to your customers on the other end of the phone.
At On Call Centre, we deliver exceptional customer support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. On Call Centre has been providing tailored, fluently French/English bilingual answering services and call center services to small business owners (professionals, trades) and customer support departments (government, high tech, property management, healthcare, emergency clients) serving Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto—and all over Canada—for 48 years. We invite you to call us: 613-238-3262 or Toll Free 1-866-323-3344.
PS—Want to read the article referenced in this article. Check it out: How to Create Brand Loyalty Through Customer Experience