Salesforce has a really good blog. One of their most recent articles is “10 Customer Service Stats and What They Mean for Your Contact Center.” Whether you manage or outsource your call centre services or telephone answering services, you’ll find a number of these stats to be very interesting.
- In the US, the cost of poor customer service is $41 billion per year.
- Phones still handle around 68% of all contact center communications.
- Social media channels handle just 3% of all customer communications.
- After a positive customer experience, 69% of Americans would recommend that company to others.
- Following a negative customer experience, 58% of Americans would never use that company again.
These numbers illustrate the power of an exceptional customer experience provided by professional, career-minded customer service representatives.
We’ve been providing answering services and call centre services for our clients located in Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto for 44 years now. If you’re looking for an answering service provider or inbound call centre service, we welcome the opportunity to talk with you.
In the meantime, we invite you to read the full blog article written by Tim Pickard. It’s definitely worth your time to read: 10 Customer Service Stats and What They Mean for Your Contact Center. Tim Pickard also provides the sources for all 10 stats.