Have you ever wondered why a customer decided to take their business elsewhere? Most don’t bother to explain their reasoning; they just leave. But research by Focused Marketing reveals the reasons.
Why do customers leave?
- 68% of customers leave because of the poor treatment they receive
- 15% turn to the competition or seek alternatives
- 14% are dissatisfied with the products and services
- 3% move away
- 1% other
What can you take away from these statistics? Well, if 68% leave because of poor treatment, you’d better be sure your customer service is the best it can be. Here’s how:
- Offer live telephone call answering services around-the-clock. When businesses use voice mail after regular business hours, customers are uncertain when they’ll receive the help they need, which can be stressful. So outdo your competition and up the customer experience you deliver with professional customer service representatives who are ready to help.
- Offer customers the choice of speaking in the language of their preference: English or French. This subtle nuance in language is important to keep customers communicating and satisfaction high.
- Employ professional customer service representatives who take pride in the quality of their work. A service-oriented mindset (versus sales-oriented mindset) is important to keep customer satisfaction high.
This may mean investing in a professional answering service. An answering service whose customer service representatives are real people who answer a ringing phone promptly. An answering service whose customer service representatives are professionals who enjoy talking with and helping people.
An answering service delivers an exceptional customer experience on your behalf so that you retain loyal customers and grow your business. If you need a professional telephone answering service or professional inbound call centre service, we invite you talk with us: On Call Centre. We’ve been providing answering services and call centre services to our clients serving Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto for over 40 years now.
Check out our new ebook: Have You Transformed Your Customer Service Strategy into Competitive Advantage?
Source: Focused Marketing