Since the adoption of the first Official Languages Act in 1969, Canada has stayed committed to providing equal bilingual representation in all federal institutions, including promoting bilingualism in core public positions.
With this commitment, it’s imperative for government institutions to provide services in both English and French. This will encourage citizens fluent in either language to actively participate in government initiatives.
One way to effectively provide this service is with the help of bilingual call centres.
Bilingual call centres play a pivotal role in bridging the gap between the government and its citizens. They act as a two-way street, where citizens can voice their concerns, seek information, and provide feedback.
By offering services in both languages, the government shows its commitment to accessibility, making citizens feel valued and heard.
Here are the advantages of using a bilingual call centre:
- Linguistic Inclusivity: Bilingual call centres ensure that citizens can communicate in their preferred tongue comfortably, without fear that they won’t receive the quality of service they’re entitled to because they can’t speak the majority language.
- Client Centric Focus: Bilingual call pros at coaching and providing excellent clients services – Its what they do! Engaging with one can aid in the internal transition of resident to client focused delivery of services
- Trained and Knowledgeable Staff: The best bilingual call centres hire well-trained professionals who not only speak English and French fluently but also possess a deep understanding of government policies and procedures. This ensures accurate and informative interactions, instilling trust in citizens.
- Clear and Concise Information: Effective communication hinges on simplicity. Complex government jargon can confuse citizens. Bilingual call centres excel at breaking down intricate information into understandable terms, empowering citizens to make informed decisions.
- Real-Time Problem Resolution: Promptly addressing citizen concerns demonstrates the government’s commitment to its people. Bilingual call centres enable citizens to receive real-time assistance, turning dissatisfaction into positive experiences.
- Feedback Utilization: Bilingual call centres aren’t just for answering queries. They also serve as a valuable source of citizen feedback. Regularly analyzing this feedback allows the government to adopt policies, improving citizen satisfaction and engagement.
At On Call Centre , we deliver exceptional customer support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year—sometimes 366. On Call Centre has been providing tailored, fluently French/English bilingual answering services and call centre services to small business owners (professionals, trades) and customer support departments (government, high tech, property management, healthcare, emergency clients) serving Ottawa , Montreal and Toronto —and all over Canada —for almost 50 years.